- The Earth Hums in B Flat (novel) by Mari Strachan. This is out now. I just read it….See my review forthcoming in July in the summer issue of Contrary Magazine!
- The Last Supper: A Summer in Italy (memoir) by Rachel Cusk. This is out now and is on my shelf waiting to be read. It’s reviewed in the NYT book review below.
- The Angels Game (novel) by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This will be out on June 16th. I loved Shadow of the Wind. It’s reviewed in the WSJ book review below.
- That Old Cape Magic (novel) by Richard Russo. This will be out August 4th. I loved Bridge of Sighs. Also reviewed in the WSJ book review below.
- South of Broad (novel) by Pat Conroy. This will be out August 11th. I loved Prince of Tides and Beach Music. Also reviewed in the WSJ book review below.
- Pick a classic you haven’t read off the summer reading table at your local bookstore!
- The Wall Street Journal 5-20-09
- The New York Times Sunday Book Review 5-31-09
- My rising 10th grader’s Summer Reading List: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (plus one choice)
Please share any recommendations you have. Happy Summer and Happy Reading!